Job: SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
|| SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
Minimum 10 years experience required.
Minimum 5 years site experience required.
BULK MATERIALS HANDLING EXPERIENCE a must.
• Agree method of measure, systems to be implemented and used with Client and / or Site based Client Representative or PQS.
• Compile and agree interim payment, including escalation.
• Prepare contract cash flows / month to month revenue forecasts.
• Carry out internal Contract Re-Tender and set Contract targets etc.
• Carry out quantity take-offs from drawings.
• Carry out on site measures as required.
• Identify measurement opportunities to maximize revenue.
• Feedback on quantities to the Site Agent / Contracts Manager for material ordering purposes.
• Agree day works with RE or PQS.
• Measure and agree contract variations with the RE / PQS.
• Calculate and agree rates for new items of work.
• Ensure that payment from the client is made timeously and correctly.
• Compile and agree to the final account for the contract at contract completion.
• Identify possible areas of revenue maximization / possible contractual claims, delays, contract extras and variations to the Site Agent / Contracts Manager. (Chain Management).
• Help in compiling, submit, agree and follow up all contractual claims with Client / Engineer.
• Set up and maintain material reconciliations (cost vs. allowable). Compile production and variance graphs, distribute on a weekly / monthly basis.
• Set up and maintain sub-contractor reconciliations (cost vs. allowable). Compile production and variance graphs, distribute on a weekly / monthly basis.
• Monitor and maintain G-LTA costing systems e.g. clerk costing, site costs, cross charges, etc.
• Generate progressive revenue and allowable by adjusting certified revenue and allowable with any under / (over claim) revenue and allowable.
• Compile ‘Cost Report’ by incorporating :
Progressive revenue and allowable vs. progressive costs.
Final estimated revenue and allowable with final estimated variances.
Material and subcontractor reconciliation’s.
Progressive and month only man-hour job costing reconciled back to the labour costs.
Production and variance graphs.
Month only forecast of revenue, allowable and costs for the following month.
Month by month revenue and cash flow forecasts.
• Site stock / asset schedule indicating the month by month depreciated value and any possible residual values.
• Adjudication of sub-contractor quotations.
• Appointment of sub-contractor.
• Drawing up all sub-contractor agreements and documentation.
• Carry out and manage sub-contractor payments and retention control.
• Liaise with Financial Director / Commercial Manager on Surety bonds / Guarantee’s / Contract Insurance.
• Monitor and ensure timeous returns on Bonds / Guarantees by due dates after contract completion.
• Training and development of subordinates.
National Higher Diploma : Quantity Surveying
Applications must be accompanied by copies of qualifications as well as contactable references
Candidates must have South African citizenship or be permanent residents
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org